Need Your Work Reviewed?

Click here

You don't have to leave LOST IN TIME to visit AMAZON.COM

You don't have to leave LOST IN TIME to visit  AMAZON.COM
Just click your "end" key, and go to the bottom of this page.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Who Appointed Me “God”?

I recently shared a story with a close friend that always makes me smile when I tell it, and always reminds me that I’m not “all that.” When we lived in Louisiana, I gave the Sunday’s children’s sermon at Ingleside United Methodist Church and was chaplain for the Mother’s Day Out program.

One Sunday morning when I was giving the children's sermon in Baton Rouge, I said to the kids "watch this, it's fun" and stood up and faced the congregation. I told everyone to stand up (no "please"), and they did. Then I told them to raise their hands in the air and shake them back and forth (again, no "please"), and they did. I told them to sit down, and they did.

I turned to the kids and asked, "Did you see that? Do you know why all these grownups did what I told them to do without even saying please?" and a little voice in the back said, "Because you're God?"

I was stunned into speechlessness and instantly humbled.
Not me; not Ingleside United Methodist Church, but
you get the idea.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I suppose I'm one of the few who can boast that they're married to God! LOL
    (You go! Miss Bob!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious story. As they say, "Out of the mouths of babes". You just never know what to expect of them, but that was quite a statement. Very humbling, indeed.

    ReplyDelete